STORYLINE :) (from IMDB)
When fate steps in and brings together two high school seniors from opposite sides of the track, it's something crazy/beautiful in this sexy, fun and energetic story of first love. Nicole (Kirsten Dunst) is the 17-year-old troubled daughter of a wealthy congressman who never met a rule she didn't break. Carlos (Jay Hernandez) is a grade A student with big dreams who endures a two-hour bus ride every morning to attend high school in an upscale L.A. neighbourhood. Their innocent flirtations quickly develop into passionate love, but Nicole's self-destructive behaviour threatens their relationship and puts Carlos' promising future in jeopardy. Will their intense passion keep them together despite the objections of their families or will Carlos be forced to plan his future without Nicole? Surprises lie at every turn in this wildly seductive and critically acclaimed drama.
Some of the artwork created for the movie was done by Studio Gestalt
here is the link that suggests this thought to me: http://www.studiogestalt.com/film_illustration.html
I'm gonna put all the images on here. The film is a creative inspiration source & I honestly can't help being inspired in some way whenever I watch it :)
<<SPOILER ALERT, if you wanna watch the film, don't read this yet>>
Nicole (Kirsten Dunst:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000379/) is young a troubled young artist, still in school in a life she doesn't seem to wanna be in. The stereotype roles are reversed, for once it's the white girl that isn't doing straight A's & a less fortunate person of colour isn't the trouble maker :) I've probably just made so many politically incorrect mistakes in what I just said but I'm explaining it as I understand it. Not tryin to be a smart-ass for once. The protagonist Nicole is mostly involved in photographic art, her life may have been privileged incidentally since her father character is a congressman with a 'new' family she doesn't quite fit into, her mother character we only see in photographs since we learn later in the film that she killed herself & Nicole has tried to follow suit several times. In one of her visual diaries/work journals she's made a collage of her suicide notes "creative, huh? :)" I'm inspired greatly by her workbooks, not necessarily the self destructive behavior she participates in as written to do so. I think her style is fairly scrapbook'y, journal spilling & experimental from her mixed media use of crayons & whatever else she gets her hands on, she goes with the moment & "plays with it" whatever it may be at the time, photographically distorting or cropping in the Dark Room - at the school both herself & her love interest Carlos (Jay Hernandez:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0379596/) attend - or wherever she goes, when they run away together so she can escape the punishment of military school she involves him more in her creations, she opens doors for him i ways he might not have had before by getting him a private plane driving lesson, introducing him to her father the congressman who wants to be his sponsor for attending the local Naval school "navy pilots are meant to be the best". It's romantic which probably makes me love the film even more.
<< END OF SPOILER>>
:) in short, I love this film!Here are the images ^_^

















No comments:
Post a Comment